- Kanban Systems create a positive tension in the workplacethat that forces discussion of problems.
- Kanban requires that process policies are defined explicity.
- Kanban enable incremental process improvement through repeated discovery of issues affecting process performance.
- Reducing work-in-progress improves quality.
- Pull systems expose the bottleneck and create slack in non-bottlenecks.
- Makings changes to reduce variability requires slack.
- Process improvement leads to greater productivity and greater predictability.
- Kanban enables change with minimal resistance.
- Kanban enables change incremental changes.
Archive for August, 2012
Kanban uses five core properties to create an emergent set of Lean behaviours in organizations.[…]
The five properties are:
- Visualize Workflow
- Limit Work-In-Progress
- Measure and Manager Flow
- Make Process Policies Explicit
- Use models to Recognize Improvement Opportunities
[Kanban] makes obviuos the impact of defects, bottlenecks, variability, and economic costs on flow and throughtput.
The simple act of limiting work-in-progress with kanban encourages quality and greater performance.
The combination of improved flow and better quality helps to shorten lead times and improve predictability
What is ALM?
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is a continuous process of managing the life of an application through governance, development and maintenance. ALM is the marriage of business management to software engineering made possible by tools that facilitate and integrate requirements management, architecture, coding, testing, tracking, and release management.
What are the key practices ?
Evolve process definition, Embrace heterogeneity, Bild the right thing, Practise Continuos Delivery, Orchestrate.
Full webminar here: Redefining ALM with Five Key Practices.
Straight from Somasegar’s blog: Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 now available!
Since yesterday Aug 15th, VS2012 is available on MSDN;)
How can you get them?
- If you’re an MSDN Subscriber, you can download them today from MSDN Subscriber Downloads.
- If you want the free Visual Studio Express 2012 products, or free trial versions of Visual Studio 2012, you can download them from here. Visual Studio Express for Windows 8, Visual Studio Express for Web, and Team Foundation Server Express are all now available. Express for Windows Phone and Express for Windows Desktop will be available later this fall.
- If you want to install .NET 4.5 separately, you can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/net.
- For volume licensing customers, Visual Studio 2012 products will be available starting tomorrow (August 16th) from the Volume Licensing Servicing Center.
- Packaged products will begin to show up in stores next month, with some products available for purchase digitally in selected regions starting in the next few days (visit the Visual Studio product website for details).