Now you have lots of lists, and don’t know yet what to do with them.
Everybody has his planning system (or it’s supposed to be), now it’s time identify and build up your and rely on it.
For every single task, you need to have a clear idea about:
- purpose: identify clearly the purpose of the task in your hand, ask yourself (and others) “WHY ?”, don’t be shy, ask WHY?
- principles: identify clearly the rules that define standard level, sometimes you identifies principles that rule the task within the purpose-step
Whereas purpose provides the juice and the direction, principles define the parameters of action and the criteria for excellence of behavior.
- vision: identify clearly what the succesfull result look like. ask yourself WHAT?
Then, you master the task finally, it’s time to get a plan, to move on:
- brainstorming: share your ideas with others, every idea even bad one will be useful, you don’t know until you get it compared with others, please don’t throw away anything. this step will bring you the HOW?
- organize: it’s time to look those slice of information and sort them, identifying the “Next Action”
If you can’t do it, identify which steps you need to walk again and again, in order to get a complete scenario of the tasks… maybe you need to get a deeper look at one of HOW, or WHAT or WHY, of all of them.
Do it until you reach the right confidence, until you identify the “Next Action” for every task.
You need essentially no new skills-you already know how to write things down, clarify outcomes, decide next actions, put things into categories, review it all, and make intuitive choices. right now you have the ability to focus on successful results,brainstorm, organize your thinking, and get moving on your next steps.
These steps will guide you (and your brain too 😉 ) throught the lists and help you defining priorities, goals, ecc
to be continue…
Technorati Tags: GTD